Website SIEMENS Digital Industries Software
Where today meets tomorrow
Company Job Link: https://jobs.siemens.com/disw/jobs/267431?lang=en-us&previousLocale=en-US
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created and sold, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future (business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs) to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
Job Profile/Position Overview
This is a presales role in the Siemens Digital Industries Software (DISW) division. Duties include alignment of DISW products within our simulation portfolio, focusing primarily on CFD, to address customer business issues and challenges. Demonstration of DISW tools to deliver against customer and industry defined technical requirements. Participation in customer benchmark activities, proof of concepts, workflow development and customer enablement. Opportunity to impact DISW product development by representing the voice of the customer.
This position provides opportunities for a significant amount of customer engagement in support of strategic DISW sales pursuits. Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, demonstrate good communication skills, and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed below, we would like to hear from you!
• Provides presales technical support for the DISW simulation portfolio, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise to a variety of DISW customers in industries such as Electronics and Semi-conductors, Aerospace/Defense, Automotive and Consumer Products
• Develops proof of concepts, demonstrations and executes benchmarks of the DISW simulation portfolio
• Assists in closing sales by demonstrating the value and benefits of solutions
• Contributes to the development of simulation software capabilities by evaluating current product functionality; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the product development team
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to sales and technical teams
• Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of the DISW products
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and speaking at technical trade shows or conferences
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related field is required, with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics
• Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related field, with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics, with at least 2+yrs of full-time work experience using CFD
• Flexible and willing to learn new skills
• Collaborative mindset to take personal ownership of team objectives and proactively complete work independently to meet those objectives
• An adaptive individual with a positive attitude and strong aptitude with the ability to multi-task and be pro-active
• May work remotely
• Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills
• Ability to travel up to 25%
Note: Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience with Simcenter Flotherm, Simcenter FLOEFD or Simcenter STAR-CCM+
• Familiarity with a common object-oriented programming concepts and languages (Java, C++, Python, etc.).
• Experience using 3D CAD software, mesh generation software or CAE software from disciplines other than fluid mechanics e.g. battery design, electric machines, structural analysis
• Working knowledge of common design processes, objectives and constraints in one of the following industries: Aerospace, Turbomachinery, Automotive, Medical/Pharma, Electronics Cooling, Semi-Conductors, etc.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time