Website NVE, Inc.
Exceeding Expectations to Accomplish Your Mission
Must possess an active Top Secret Clearance.
Construction Surveillance Technicians are responsible for both the daily opening and closing (securing) of new facilities, where applicable. They shall monitor un-cleared workers during designated phases of construction, fully annotate within the CST notebook a full description of the activities they observe. They shall be responsible for the inspection of material, equipment, and furnishings by use of x-ray and/or visual inspection, for those items designated for use within the secure areas of the construction site or facility. They may be required to assist in the random selection of materials required for construction and installation in the CAA and areas contiguous to the CAA, and take part, as needed, in decertification of containers.
Construction Surveillance Technicians are often tasked with having to navigate difficult terrain to include unfinished flooring, scaffolding, confined spaces, or other occupational hazards such as heights; and long durations in respective elements, to name a few.
Construction Surveillance Technicians must have at least five (5) years’ experience in at least one of the following areas of expertise:
- Construction Security Surveillance
- Technical Surveillance Countermeasures
- Industrial or government security involving counterintelligence
- Construction quality assurance
- Hands-on supervisory construction experience
Employment as a CST requires a blueprint reading test prior to being accepted into the CST Program. Tests will be administered by the United States Government, or cognizant training representative at the Diplomatic Security Center.
Construction Surveillance Technicians must demonstrate an ability to learn the principles of multiple construction disciplines, to include Civil, Architectural, and Mechanical, Electrical, and Electronic Engineering. They shall be capable of reading and analyzing designs and blueprints and recognizing the architect’s intended use.
CSTs shall be capable of analyzing designs and structural complexities, which are intended to mask an ulterior purpose not wanted by the architect. The CSTs shall demonstrate knowledge of Technical Surveillance Countermeasures, construction principles and devices used by hostile and friendly intelligence services for the purpose of clandestine surveillance.
CSTs shall become thoroughly knowledgeable of Department of State security procedures and the level of security required in various parts of each facility under construction/renovation.
CSTs must be able to effectively communicate in English, as well as be able to write detailed reports, analyses of problems, findings, and security situations which require staff actions. CSTs shall be capable of independent decision-making, possess a high degree of individual initiative, and function with minimal supervision.
The CSTs are required to maintain detailed daily notes during their tour of duty. CST Notes are to be submitted to the Contractor’s Team Leader who will review them for accuracy and present them to the SSM for review.
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance.
- Must have a high school diploma and be at least 25 years of age or older.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in one of the following areas: Construction Security Surveillance, Technical Surveillance Counter Measures, Industrial or Government Security involving Counterintelligence, Construction Quality Assurance, hands-on supervisory construction experience, or 5 years of construction management or 5 years of counterintelligence experience.
- Be capable of analyzing designs and blueprints, and of recognizing the architect’s intended use.
- Be able to walk up and down stairs repeatedly during the workday. Elevators are not available for use.
- Deployments contracts are 1 year in duration and are unaccompanied.
- Single housing accommodations, daily M&IE allowance and transportation will be provided.
- CSTs work up to 66 hours per week. Overtime is provided for all hours over 40.
- All candidate personal information (PII) will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Licenses & Certifications
Clearance – TOP SECRET