Company Job link: https://jobs.siemens.com/disw/jobs/256691
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This position will provide technical Pre and Post-sales support to the North America Sales team based out of the Plano, TX office.
As an Applications Engineering Consultant, you will be contributing to the success of a team of Applications Engineers and Account Managers by increasing the deployment of Siemens EDA software within the North America account base.
The primary focus will be on Siemens EDA tools that support System Design including schematic capture, printed circuit board layout, simulation, constraint management, and data management.
The Application Engineer will be responsible for:
· Enabling customers to use and deploy the Siemens EDA family of printed circuit board design and signal integrity software in pre and post-sales situations. Assisting customers with software evaluation and benchmarks when required.
· Provide technical support for both Pre & Post sales activities such as sales presentations, product demonstrations, trade shows, and seminars.
· Establish and manage technical relationships with customers, partners, and industry leaders.
· Work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers in creating sales presentations and marketing materials and delivering product demonstrations and live seminars.
· Communicating technical requirements to product marketing to help influence product developments for the benefit of customers.
· Reduce sales cycle by helping account teams drive the sales process with strategic accounts
· Serve as a Subject Matter Expert & advisor to the account teams & customers
· Work with management to ensure the efficient collection and analysis of customer information and market data while ensuring effective communication of the requested information to management
· Participate in strategic and tactical planning as related to the region and the driving and closing of business
· Knowledge of competitors’ products and their differentiated features is a big plus
· Assisting Account Managers to determine sales execution strategy by identifying and qualifying the matchup between customer needs and Siemens EDA software products.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
· Printed Circuit Board design competency is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
· Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with Printed Circuit Board Design, Drafting and Design technology, Engineering Technology of similar field.
· Familiarity with Mentor/Siemens EDA Xpedition Design flow is a plus.
· IPC certification (CID or CID+) is a plus.
· RF layout experience is a plus.
· Experience with PCB library management is a plus.
· Experience with NX, Creo and other MCAD tools is a plus.
· Experience with TeamCenter, Windchill or other PLM systems is a plus.
· Scripting/programming with VBScript, VB.net, Tcl, C# or similar languages is a plus.
· Prior experience with Cadence OrCAD/Allegro, Zuken CR-5000/8000 or other EDA design tools is a plus.
· Prior experience as an Applications Engineer is a plus.
· Good customer interaction; willingness and ability to travel as required. Ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organizations while maintaining a company’s internal network of contacts
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and passion and enthusiasm about Siemens EDA’s corporate Goals, Visions, Products, and Solutions
· Willing to travel up to 30% locally or within North America
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time